Hornady® Subsonic Ammunition is designed for accuracy and performance below the speed of sound. Subsonic Handgun utilizes tried-and-true XTP® bullets that expand reliably at subsonic velocities. The Sub-X bullet used in Subsonic Rifle features a lead core. Long grooves in its gilding metal jacket combine with the bullet’s flat profile and the patented Flex Tip® insert within its hollowpoint cavity to help it expand reliably at low velocities. Powders are selected for optimal performance and consistency from lot to lot.
- Proven Performance: Performance of 300 Blackout Subsonic meets or exceeds FBI Protocol terminal ballistic test requirements. The XTP® bullet in Subsonic Handgun has built a world-class reputation for accuracy and stopping power.
- Silent and Stealthy: Hornady® Subsonic Ammunition doesn’t have the loud report of a supersonic round, and paired with a suppressor, it’s even quieter. Unique powders optimized for subsonic use result in a low flash signature, ideal for either suppressed or unsuppressed performance.
- High Quality Components: With high-quality cartridge cases and primers, Subsonic Ammunition offers the performance and accuracy shooters have come to expect from Hornady.
- Caliber: 30-30 Winchester
- Bullet Weight: 175 Grain
- Bullet Type: Polymer Tip
- Muzzle Velocity: Subsonic
- Quantity: 20 Rounds per box