Since their inception, conventional hollow point pistol bullets have performed well, but have never delivered 100% reliability, especially in self-defense situations. The patented Flex Tip® technology used in Critical Defense® ammunition eliminates the clogging and inconsistency that often plagues hollow point bullets. Hornady® achieved this by using the same tip material used in LEVERevolution® ammunition.
All Critical Defense® ammunition is loaded in nickel-plated cases for increased visibility in low-light situations. Premium low flash propellants deliver proven performance, even in very short-barreled handguns, and won’t disrupt your vision. Reliable expansion and dependable terminal performance can be counted on for concealed carry and personal protection.
- FTX® BULLET TECHNOLOGY Thanks to its patented Flex Tip®, the FTX® expands reliably while avoiding the clogging that can plague other hollow point bullets when passing through heavy clothing and other barriers.
- DEFENSE-CENTERED DESIGN Critical Defense® ammunition was developed to provide the best performance for personal protection and is the ultimate choice for concealed carry firearms. Bright nickel-plated cartridge cases ease chamber checks in reduced light, and low-flash propellants preserve night vision.
- DEPENDABLE Nickel-plated cases resist corrosion and optimized propellants burn quickly to reduce recoil and limit muzzle flash, making Critical Defense® dependable in every situation.
- HIGHER MAGAZINE CAPACITY Load twelve 30 Super Carry cartridges into a magazine instead of 10, giving you the confidence that your concealed-carry firearm will be enough when you need it.
- Caliber: 30 Super Carry
- Bullet Weight: 100 gr
- Bullet Type: Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP)
- Muzzle Velocity: 1250 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 347 ft-lbs
- Quantity: 20 Rounds per box